Information technology department:
The information technology department has been established to create, develop, equip, and provide better and accurate information technology service for the presidential office of the Islamic republic of Afghanistan.
Management duties and responsibilities:
- Design strategic and development plans in the field information technology for better services inside the authority.
- Assess the information technology requirements of the authority.
- Prepare propose for planned projects in the field of technology management.
- Strengthen communication with all departments of the authority and other internal and external bodies regarding the information technology affairs.
The technical and professional duties and responsibilities of the information technology department are as follows:
- Configuration and management of different servers of the Islamic republic of Afghanistan.
- Manage and monitor Microsoft servers, Cyberoam, and Sophos firewalls.
- Planning and installing programs (software), manage and creating users for other purpose uses.
- Configure switches, cisco routers, audio, and communication devices.
- Supervise the implementation of information technology service and operational plans.
- Monitoring and review the implementation of information technology policies.
- Design and implementation of information technology procedures.
- Design and prepare plans to increase the capacity of information technology systems and infrastructure.
- Management of routers, switches, and other devices within IDFs and MDFs.
- Manage all VoIP phones.
- Implementation of system management plans, servers, and related devices.
- Providing effective and fast information technology services.
- Management of active policy, group policy, and user policy.
- Management of file server and antivirus server.